Swimming in Paris?

Former Member
Former Member
I am about to head to Paris for two months. (I know, I know, rough duty.) Staying in the Marais district, 4th Arrondissement. Have never been. Has anyone ever swum in Paris? I don't really need Masters' workouts, as I swim alone mostly. Just need access to pool for workout purposes. Eager for insights if you got 'em. Thanks!
Parents
  • ddl, most serious swimmers will join a team in order to be able to swim more competitively. Teams reserve lanes at the pool, generally in the evenings, and there are a variety of levels of competition depending upon the team. You can often see what teams practice at the pools you visit and if they have a Masters team, you can ask the coach if you can join in. They will often welcome guest swimmers (although no guarantees). ssumargo, I swam regularly at Piscine Blomet for several years! They have separate showers for men and women downstairs at the pool level. The "cabines" (changing rooms) are co-ed, but they are individual rooms for one person, and they are lined up in the upstairs portion of the building around the pool and in the front hallway. Here are some photos of the pool: www.nageurs.com/.../photos
  • ddl, most serious swimmers will join a team in order to be able to swim more competitively. Teams reserve lanes at the pool, generally in the evenings, and there are a variety of levels of competition depending upon the team. You can often see what teams practice at the pools you visit and if they have a Masters team, you can ask the coach if you can join in. They will often welcome guest swimmers (although no guarantees). ssumargo, I swam regularly at Piscine Blomet for several years! They have separate showers for men and women downstairs at the pool level. The "cabines" (changing rooms) are co-ed, but they are individual rooms for one person, and they are lined up in the upstairs portion of the building around the pool and in the front hallway. Here are some photos of the pool: www.nageurs.com/.../photos
Children
No Data