Water in you ears?

It only took me 50 years to figure out how to get excess water out of my ears after a workout without doing the "one legged-banging-head-with-palm" dance. Paper towels, napkins, or even newsprint will work. Don't use polished or bond paper, it is way too tough on the flesh and doesn't absorb very well. Through the magic of capillary action, you can remove 94% of the offending water simply by putting your finger in a paper towel and sticking it into your ear. No need to wiggle it around or push hard. As long as the paper touches water, it will drain most moisture out of a healthy ear. Amazing but true. I don't know why my towel cannot do this, but have had remarkable success over the last 6 months since I gave it a try. Cheers and good drainage!
Parents
  • You can use peroxide to loosen and float out waxy ear buildup; we used it for this purpose as kids to minimize the potential for ear infections. Peroxide is powerful oxidant (like chlorine). The peroxide fizzes when you put in your ear, loosens the waxy stuff and once loose it floats up, and then dump the spent peroxide and waxy stuff out of your ear. I don't know if adults with full grown ear canals would really benefit from this (I don't need it). Don't mix the peroxide with vinegar. Probably not a good idea to use peroxide in your ear if you have any feelings of ear infection as the peroxide breaks down to water and does not dry out your ear like the alcohol/vinegar mix.
  • You can use peroxide to loosen and float out waxy ear buildup; we used it for this purpose as kids to minimize the potential for ear infections. Peroxide is powerful oxidant (like chlorine). The peroxide fizzes when you put in your ear, loosens the waxy stuff and once loose it floats up, and then dump the spent peroxide and waxy stuff out of your ear. I don't know if adults with full grown ear canals would really benefit from this (I don't need it). Don't mix the peroxide with vinegar. Probably not a good idea to use peroxide in your ear if you have any feelings of ear infection as the peroxide breaks down to water and does not dry out your ear like the alcohol/vinegar mix.
Children
No Data