2013 NCAA Championships

NCAAs Championship (M) Swimming & Diving DI March 28-30, 2013 IU Natatorium and IUPUI Sports Complex, Indianapolis (W) Swimming & Diving DI March 21-23, 2013 IU Natatorium and IUPUI Sports Complex, Indianapolis NCAA Shakes Up Division I Qualifying Procedures -- September 12, 2012 College Recruits, Commitments, Signing, Transfers, & Gone Pro
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 11 years ago
    Yeah, that was quite impressive. A program on the move for sure! I think a lot of people underestimated the coach ability of Matt Kredich. The wins will help the program continue to gain exposure and improve among all teams.
  • Former Member
    I guess if you can convince fast swimmers to go to Georgia, you can also convince them to go to Tennessee :bolt: It is a sad day in Austin when that other UT is the UT people are talking about. Very nice racing & winning by the Vols last night. Forget Athens. I want to know how Marsh convinced people to go to Auburn all those years. That place is an a deeper hole than Athens.
  • Former Member
    The Lady Vol's win their first and second NCAA relay championships in program history on the first night!!
  • Georgia made a statement! Overall, lots of strong freshmen, for example; top 3 in 100 back, 4 of top 5 in 200 back, 2 of top 4 in 100 fly. Tosky and Bootsma were a little off in the 200 fly final. I thought Tosky would go 1:53, which would have put her top 2.
  • if anybody made a statement it was the Tennessee team! when was the last time they were in the top 3?
  • Never! Their highest prior finish was 4th place, back in the mid- to late-eighties. I have virtually no connection to the Vols, but it was exciting, as a swim fan, to see them doing so well. Hopefully the men are on their A+ game this weekend!
  • Former Member
    Go DAWGS! Its fans danced in a pre-race competition. Its swimmers stood at poolside cheering on teammates and in the pool, the Bulldogs refused to fall to California again. Instead, Georgia ended its long national championship drought with a record-setting splash in the final event and dethroned two-time defending national champion Golden Bears at the NCAA women's swimming and diving championships. The Bulldogs finished with 477 points, followed by Cal with 393, and Tennessee with 325.5. You can find the rest of the article here: espn.go.com/.../georgia-dethrones-california-wins-ncaa-women-swimming-championship
  • Former Member
    if anybody made a statement it was the Tennessee team! when was the last time they were in the top 3? As Mollie said, never. The ladies program had never won a relay at the NCAA's until this year. Now, they have won 3. I am a big fan of Matt Kredich coaching. I hope he will transform the men's team the way he has with the women's team.
  • if anything the bright orange mens team should be really pumped about how well the women did. the burnt orange team will be trying to derail the goldenbears. and of course the tigers, gators and trojans will be in the mix.
  • Check out Morazov's split in the 400 medley relay prelims: 3 Southern Cali 3:06.17 3:06.05 q 1) Spinazzola, Luca SO 2) r:+0.25 Lujan-Rivera, rgio SO 3) r:+0.22 Davis, Maclin FR 4) r:+0.14 Morozov, Vlad JR 22.68 46.97 (46.97) 1:11.24 (24.27) 1:39.32 (52.35) 2:00.55 (21.23) 2:25.60 (46.28) 2:44.58 (18.98) 3:06.05 (40.45)