What are some compound barbell lift numbers for olympians?

Former Member
Former Member
or top swimmers? How much do lets sasy phelps, adrian or lochte squat/deadlift compared to their body weight (ie 1.5x squat 2x deadlift)?
Parents
  • Idle curiosity on my end--do those benchmarks translate to using a leg press machine? I know there's the whole muscle stabilization issue comparing free weights to machines, but do the general BW multiples translate? I started lifting again a few months ago after more or less being out of the weight room for ~10 years except for a month or two of lifting here and there. The small gym I use at work has machines and dumbbells only, no bars/Smith machines/anything else. I haven't done any 1RM sets, but have been pretty pleased with where I'm at for my normal twice through 3x8 circuits on the machines.
  • Idle curiosity on my end--do those benchmarks translate to using a leg press machine? I know there's the whole muscle stabilization issue comparing free weights to machines, but do the general BW multiples translate? I started lifting again a few months ago after more or less being out of the weight room for ~10 years except for a month or two of lifting here and there. The small gym I use at work has machines and dumbbells only, no bars/Smith machines/anything else. I haven't done any 1RM sets, but have been pretty pleased with where I'm at for my normal twice through 3x8 circuits on the machines.
Children
No Data