What are some compound barbell lift numbers for olympians?

Former Member
Former Member
or top swimmers? How much do lets sasy phelps, adrian or lochte squat/deadlift compared to their body weight (ie 1.5x squat 2x deadlift)?
Parents
  • I've seen videos of Dressel squat cleaning 285/2 from the blocks (he's listed at 190 BW), and Carsten Vissering, USC sprint breaststroker and noted gym rat, squatting 500 and hang power cleaning 330 (he's 6'5" and well built so I'd say 215-220 BW). FWIW, I think 1.5xBW squat and 2xBW DL should be good first benchmarks for a healthy adult male taking weight training seriously but still recreationally or as cross training. 2xBW sq/2.5xBW DL is legitimately strong for those types of people.
  • I've seen videos of Dressel squat cleaning 285/2 from the blocks (he's listed at 190 BW), and Carsten Vissering, USC sprint breaststroker and noted gym rat, squatting 500 and hang power cleaning 330 (he's 6'5" and well built so I'd say 215-220 BW). FWIW, I think 1.5xBW squat and 2xBW DL should be good first benchmarks for a healthy adult male taking weight training seriously but still recreationally or as cross training. 2xBW sq/2.5xBW DL is legitimately strong for those types of people.
Children
No Data