Swimmer's Sinusitis

Former Member
Former Member
Every time I start back swimming, I get sinusitis. I can lay off of swimming for about a month and it clears up. There appears to be some research to indicate that this happens to some people, but I cannot find any indication that there is anything that can be done to stop it. I will have to stop swimming altogether if I cannot find a way to control this. I have tried nose clips, but I still get infected sinuses. Has anyone had this problem and found a solution that worked for them?

Top Replies

Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    I am just making the connection to my recurring sinus infections after reading these posts. Another recommendation is a probiotic specifically for ear, nose, and throat. I am going to add that to my routine in addition to using xClear. Hopefully, we can get this under control soon because the only other alternative is to give up swimming.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    I am just making the connection to my recurring sinus infections after reading these posts. Another recommendation is a probiotic specifically for ear, nose, and throat. I am going to add that to my routine in addition to using xClear. Hopefully, we can get this under control soon because the only other alternative is to give up swimming.
Children
No Data