Shoulder Impingement

Former Member
Former Member
Looking for some of your experience with shoulder injuries. I am 26 year old male and have swam masters for years, and injured my shoulder about 5 months ago while training vigorously for the 200 IM and 200 free. I developed it from backstroke because i was not rotating body enough and over strained left shoulder. MRI showed impingement and tendonitus, did 8 weeks of PT religiously, but still have issues and cannot swim without residual pain. I definitely cannot compete anymore and haven't swam but a couple times this year. Doctor says he can scope it and clean the bursitus out. I think he's offering arthroscopic decompression. Anyone have any experience with roughing it through shoulder injuries or anyone have any shoulder surgeries? Were they successful?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 3 years ago
    Thanks for everyone's input. It has been improving and I will get back slowly and cautiously not to aggravate. Thank sunruh for leveling with me on the surgery being quite brutal. Ill just stick to my rotator cuff PT drills.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 3 years ago
    Thanks for everyone's input. It has been improving and I will get back slowly and cautiously not to aggravate. Thank sunruh for leveling with me on the surgery being quite brutal. Ill just stick to my rotator cuff PT drills.
Children
No Data