Nagging Injury in Shoulders

Former Member
Former Member
Hi I have had Shoulder pain for about a year now with not much relief. A year ago my both my shoulders started burning like crazy. The pain was near the front deltoids and then it has progressed now to mostly being the muscle on the side of my armpit/side of body. I also feel pain near where the back of my shoulder meets my back and on the side of my shoulder. Initially I went to a sports doctor who recommended physio and ibuprofen. Nothing has helped as I have went to several physios and chiros. Everytime I catch the water it is painful and the longer the distance the more it hurts. I have noticed this pain usually only happens when I swim and sometimes I feel like the muscle on the side of my armpit swells or bulges enormously after a while of swimming. I have done multiple x-rays and ultrasounds which don't show any problems. This pain has kept me from swimming my best events. Although a few workouts in the year where I was ahead of my team I didn't feel the pain much but other days it hurts like crazy I guess if I'm totally not locked in. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. By the way I am a 15 year old male.
Parents
  • That sounds like some issues I had for a while with a pinched/inflamed nerve. It flares up when my stroke starts crossing over more on my breathing side. Over the years, as I feel it start to flare up, I have my coach take a look at my stroke and correct. Usually within a week or so, with tweaked stroke, it settles back down again. With pools closed, you'll have a lot of time to let it heal. Once back in the pool, have your coach look at your stroke.
  • That sounds like some issues I had for a while with a pinched/inflamed nerve. It flares up when my stroke starts crossing over more on my breathing side. Over the years, as I feel it start to flare up, I have my coach take a look at my stroke and correct. Usually within a week or so, with tweaked stroke, it settles back down again. With pools closed, you'll have a lot of time to let it heal. Once back in the pool, have your coach look at your stroke.
Children
No Data