What to do when getting cramps on your feet?

Former Member
Former Member
Today I got terrible cramps on my feet soon after started, and had to quit after less than 15 min. When you get a cramp in the middle of practice and it doesn't recover promptly, do you just get out of the pool or continue?
Parents
  • As I age, I notice that I get foot (arch) cramps more. Part of this is I have very small feet (size 8.5) for a tall (5'11") and athletic (188 lbs.) guy. So what do I do about it? I have always consumed bananas and water. But that is not enough. When the cramps get really bad I do one or more of the following: *Bio Freeze gel *Freeze a wine bottle and roll it with my arches *Drink more electrolytes All of these help but I still sometimes get them.
  • As I age, I notice that I get foot (arch) cramps more. Part of this is I have very small feet (size 8.5) for a tall (5'11") and athletic (188 lbs.) guy. So what do I do about it? I have always consumed bananas and water. But that is not enough. When the cramps get really bad I do one or more of the following: *Bio Freeze gel *Freeze a wine bottle and roll it with my arches *Drink more electrolytes All of these help but I still sometimes get them.
Children
No Data