What to do when getting cramps on your feet?

Former Member
Former Member
Today I got terrible cramps on my feet soon after started, and had to quit after less than 15 min. When you get a cramp in the middle of practice and it doesn't recover promptly, do you just get out of the pool or continue?
Parents
  • for me it depends on where the cramp is, how much I feel like fighting it, and how far along I am in practice. most of the time I get cramps it's after a pulling set, then going into a kicking set. if I get a cramp that prevents me from only doing breaststroke, then I kick free or fly, but if the cramp prevents me from doing anything I get out. I have swum 20-30 with calf and toe cramps. it's not easy swimming with your foot 90 deg, but it can be done. it's hamstring cramps that usually stop me for the day. if I get a cramp in the beginning of a practice I usually ask myself why. and start drinking more water and eating more bananas before the next practice or two.
  • for me it depends on where the cramp is, how much I feel like fighting it, and how far along I am in practice. most of the time I get cramps it's after a pulling set, then going into a kicking set. if I get a cramp that prevents me from only doing breaststroke, then I kick free or fly, but if the cramp prevents me from doing anything I get out. I have swum 20-30 with calf and toe cramps. it's not easy swimming with your foot 90 deg, but it can be done. it's hamstring cramps that usually stop me for the day. if I get a cramp in the beginning of a practice I usually ask myself why. and start drinking more water and eating more bananas before the next practice or two.
Children
No Data