Swimming competitions make me anxious and sad

Former Member
Former Member
Hi everyone, Well the title above is kind of the gist of what this post will be about. I am starting my fourth season as master swimmer and am a bit sad about my attitude and feelings towards swimming competitions. I get very nervous before competitions. Vomiting or gagging frequently accompany me on days where I have competitions. I have been doing competitions now for the past two years and unfortunatly I don't feel as if it is getting any better. I understand that some nervouseness is normal, and in fact functional, but my anxiety feels like it is far from it. It is struggle to actually go to the competition and by the time I get there, I already feel mentally tired. I swim, but I don't feel like I can really give my all. I have tried getting myself to enjoy competitions but lately I have started playing with the idea that maybe these competitions are simply not worth it for me. And that is fine. Can anyone relate? QuitarQueen
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 4 years ago
    I just registered for my first meet since high school (I'm 44 now). Already feeling a little anxious, but will try and follow some of the tips on this thread and make it an enjoyable experience.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 4 years ago
    I just registered for my first meet since high school (I'm 44 now). Already feeling a little anxious, but will try and follow some of the tips on this thread and make it an enjoyable experience.
Children
No Data