Summer Nationals

Any idea when order of events for Summer Nationals will be posted.  It was nice to see Spring Nats posted early, how about Summer so we can begin to plan travel. 

Top Replies

Parents
  • , the Championship Committee is currently evaluating the order of event options for 2024 Summer Nationals. We'll likely have them posted in early 2024. 

• There was a nice little article in the edition of Swimmer magazine describing the facility for Summer Nationals.  I would be nice to see a list of events so that those of us that family and work obligations so that we can plan accordingly.  I still don't understand why when a location is chosen and the number of days the meet will run, why the list of events can't also be shared.  I'm not trying to be difficult, I just don't get it. 

• Hi   I agree it seems it would to be a relatively easy chore to come up with a OOE list looking from the outside in, but, due to the increase in participants and a request from the HOD and officials/volunteers  to limit days to approx 10 hours, it is not as easy as it appears it should be. The championship committee is working on a couple of proposed orders and should have the selection resolved within the next week (or so). Technically speaking, rule 104.5.2 B requires the OOE to be published no less than 6 months before the NC meet begins (Feb 21 for Aug 21 start). We're considering the actual timeline from the meet held there in 2019, which had a couple of very long days, and trying to get a better balance on the day lengths. Stay tuned, we'll get it posted asarp.

Reply Children
No Data