2019 Spring Nationals Information

The national qualifying times for the 2019 U.S. Masters Swimming Spring National Championship have been released. The meet will be held April 25-28 in Mesa, Ariz. More info about the meet, such as hotels, can be found on our meet info page. (Please read this info about the national qualifying times.)
  • TBH, it's really generous for USMS to adopt such a honor system approach to qualifying for Nationals, period. I mean, I understand the desire to be inclusive and use Nats as a gathering of Masters swimmers as much as a championship meet, but it is technically a National meet. That said, I had been planning on going this year but have had some unexpected expenses so far and so probably will not be spending more money on a swim meet... maybe next year in San Antonio. You could go to Orange County this summer! :P I want to be able to swim a nationals at Mission Viejo so bad. Thankfully I don't feel bad missing it this year because it seems like Mission Viejo's number comes up to host nationals every 4-5 years so there will be other chances. I am actually going to swim at YMCA Masters Nationals in Orlando this spring, and then probably eye Summer Nationals 2020 in VA for my next "national level" meet.
  • You could go to Orange County this summer! :P I want to be able to swim a nationals at Mission Viejo so bad. Thankfully I don't feel bad missing it this year because it seems like Mission Viejo's number comes up to host nationals every 4-5 years so there will be other chances. I am actually going to swim at YMCA Masters Nationals in Orlando this spring, and then probably eye Summer Nationals 2020 in VA for my next "national level" meet. Long course is dead to me now :P
  • Our coach is getting us ready for meets. The last set of mon. eve practice was 3 X 1,000 on 18 min. !!!
  • So, it's mid-Feb. When does registration open?
  • You need to have the meet director change your affiliation to unattached and make sure it is unattached on the results. Then you need to call your LMSC registrar to fill out a change of club.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 5 years ago
    I am trying to switch my teams so that I can swim relays with friends from another state. I joined a masters team here in Michigan before I figured out that they didn't really compete and practice times didn't work for me and were limited, so I've been swimming alone. I've emailed the contact listed on the USMS site a few times and haven't heard back. Any suggestions? I am signed up for a meet this weekend and that is within the 60 days I believe to where I won't be able to switch if I swim for my current team.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 5 years ago
    You need to have the meet director change your affiliation to unattached and make sure it is unattached on the results. Then you need to call your LMSC registrar to fill out a change of club. Thanks! Any good tips to getting ahold of the LMSC registrar-I've tried using the USMS site and clicking through the "transfer to a different club" instructions? Is this for the club I am in or the one I am changing TO? Is this something people do often and is it reasonably okay to do? I've only done 1 masters meet and it was a very long time ago.
  • Thanks! Any good tips to getting ahold of the LMSC registrar-I've tried using the USMS site and clicking through the "transfer to a different club" instructions? Is this for the club I am in or the one I am changing TO? Is this something people do often and is it reasonably okay to do? I've only done 1 masters meet and it was a very long time ago. Here's the Michigan Masters website that lists the officers and contact info: michiganmasters.com/.../