Certification at local meets

Former Member
Former Member
I'm looking at the rule book to see who has to be certified to work a local meet. Article 103.2 says The referee shall be certified as a stroke and turn judge, starter, or referee by USA Swimming, YMCA, or any other USMS-approved certifying body. I can't find where it says the stroke and turns judges themselves shall be certified. Am I just missing it? It's stated pretty clearly in the requirements for nationals that all officials must be certified.
Parents
  • As I understand it, at local Masters meets only 2 officials are required and only one of them needs to be certified. That one would be the referee and would also be stroke and turn judge if you have only 2 officials. The other official would be starter and stroke and turn judge, but need not be certified. The referee at a local Masters meet need only be certified at the Stroke and Turn Judge level. Mary Pohlmann Ozark LSC Stroke and Turn Judge Central LMSC Chairman
  • As I understand it, at local Masters meets only 2 officials are required and only one of them needs to be certified. That one would be the referee and would also be stroke and turn judge if you have only 2 officials. The other official would be starter and stroke and turn judge, but need not be certified. The referee at a local Masters meet need only be certified at the Stroke and Turn Judge level. Mary Pohlmann Ozark LSC Stroke and Turn Judge Central LMSC Chairman
Children
No Data