Open Water Peer-To-Peer Teleconference

Please join your USMS peers at the next LMSC Open Water Peer-to-Peer Teleconference, with Open Water Guru Bob Bruce! Date and Time: March 13, 2014 08:30 PM - (US/Eastern) Meeting Wall: www.startmeeting.com/.../USMS_LMSC_Development_Committee US Toll Number: (530) 881-1212 (Please use this if you have free Long Distance) US Toll-Free Number: (855) 212-0212 MeetingID: 128-531-819# At the scheduled date and time of the meeting, dial into the conference line. When prompted, enter the meeting ID. If you wish to participate using your computer speaker and microphone, “Join” from the "Meeting Wall" link above (a software download is required). Bob Bruce will be joining us in a 60- to 75-minute conversation to talk about all things open water. No question is too off-the-wall (because there are no walls in open water,) for example: • What does the referee do at an open water event? How can they know what’s really going on out there? • If I want to put on an open water event, how many lifeguards, kayakers and boats will I need to have my safety plan approved? • When do you call off a race? Due to weather, water temp, high bacteria or the emergency medical truck drove down on the beach and is now stuck in the sand? These questions and more from you will be discussed and answered! Plus we’re looking for your recommended practices on planning, sanctioning and running open water events. Ways you can get your item into the conversation: Share it at the teleconference with your peers Post it to the USMS Forums LMSC Administration/Open Water Event Directors Email your question in advance to Daniel Cox @ danielcox@usms.org We’re looking forward to having you be part of the conversation! Daniel Cox USMS LMSC Development Committee
Parents Reply Children
No Data